Monday, September 1, 2014

Beauty Inside


Sometimes I look in the mirror and think, "Wow, I look really pretty!" Other times I look in the mirror and think, "Do I really look like that? I don't feel like that."

My brain sees myself as a beautiful person, physically and mentally. I picture myself thinner with better looking hair, so when I see the chubbier person with messy hair, it's a little surprising sometimes.

I've known some very special people who just seem to glow, and it's not because of their bronzer, it's because of their beautiful personality. They look beautiful because their insides are shining through, and they make me feel beautiful.

In Jr. High we had an assignment to pick one defining characteristic we wanted to be remembered for after we were dead. I thought hard and picked kindness. I still want that. I want to be the person that makes others feel good. I want to be the person that leaves other people smiling, not because I'm funny or funny looking, but because I helped them see the good in themselves.

Another word I use now is charity. Charity in a spiritual not monetary sense. True charity is pure love. I want to have the ability to love and accept people. I want to not judge them before I get to know them, or after. I want to uplift people, not leave them with bad feelings.

I love myself, and I know people love me, and I've felt the love and acceptance of family, friends, and strangers. That makes me feel beautiful. I want to pass that feeling on to others so they can feel beautiful and others will see their beauty too.

Acting beautifully is a way to change the world. Put good out and good will return to you. You have the power to change the world with kindness and charity. You'll probably never know that you helped change the world, but you'll keep on giving out good because it feels good, it feels beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment