Friday, November 1, 2013

Small Adjustments

 TBSM

Sometimes, like yesterday, I realize that though I'm not in a bad place, I'm also not exactly where I want to be. Nothing is terribly wrong, but it's also not terribly right. It takes just a couple small adjustments to get back on the right track so I end up where I want to be down the road.

It's simple steps like just doing the dishes instead of jumping on facebook for the second time that day. Picking up the thing on the floor that I've walked past five times already. Organizing all the papers that seem to accumulate on the counter while I watch a tv show. Putting on a jacket and enjoying the weather and beautiful fall leaves before it gets too cold. Or taking a couple minutes to cook some broccoli for dinner while the rest of dinner is cooking.

It's easy to get lazy and skip steps that don't seem important. But over time those add up and you have to kick yourself in the butt to get going again. I am the master of my time. I choose when to work, when to play, when to watch tv, when to read, how much time I spend on the computer, how much time I spend cleaning. It's my choice, it's my responsibility.

So today I will empty the dishwasher, clean the kitchen counters, do two loads of laundry, and cook some broccoli to go with dinner tonight! What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment