Monday, April 22, 2013

Fruit Salad and Veggie Trays

I have a story on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/JEPCreations, and I just added these new items!
They are PDFs that you can print out. You could use them for flashcards to help learn the English or Spanish names of fruit and vegetables. 

Or you can do what I did- print them out and put magnets on the back for my fridge (or use magnet paper). It's happened too many times that we have fruit or veggies in the fridge, we forget about them, then later we find moldy produce that we have to throw away. It's always sad. 

So I drew these pictures and put the pictures up of the fruit and veggies that we buy. When we eat them, the picture goes to the side, and I have an instant shopping list.

I just love how happy and colorful they are, and so does my daughter. She loves to play with them- rearrange them, throw them on the floor, then put them back on the fridge. 

I had fun drawing them, and it's even funner to have a cute colorful fridge!



 

Here's some produce FYI- Bananas and tomatoes go on the counter. Potatoes and onions in a cool dark place like the pantry or under the sink.

If you wash your produce ahead of time, it can start going bad faster, so wash it closer to when you will eat it.

If you do prewash it, put it in a ziploc bag with a paper towel in the fridge to help absorb the moisture and keep the produce fresh.

Putting produce in paper bags will help it ripen faster, and bananas will help even more.

Some fruits emit gasses that ripen fruit quickly (like bananas), so keep fruit and veggies separate.

Here's a great website: http://www.yourproduceguy.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment