Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Looking Good


A couple days ago I got a decent amount of sleep, ate a good breakfast, and exercised in the sun and fresh air. This picture describes how I felt afterwards. It feels good to make healthy choices!

I read a quote that said, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" I'm changing it to, "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!"

I also read, "If it took more than a day to put it on, it will take more than a day to take it off." It's hard not to want the weight to just fall off, but I need to be realistic and realize it will take a long time. But the good thing is, I don't have to be skinny to feel I am healthy. Healthy eating and exercising is what feels good, even if I haven't reached my weight goal.

Something that I try to remember to do is engage my abs. I'm not talking about sucking in my stomach for a picture, but engaging the stomach muscles so they are proactive not loose and flabby.

If you raise your arms a little, you can feel the arm muscles are engaged, but it's not too tiring to hold for a while. If you raise your arms over your head, you can feel your stomach muscles engaging. Engage them while sitting or standing, but make sure you can still breathe normally. Breathe through your nose, so that you stomach expands, not your chest. It takes some practice to get it down, but once you do, your stomach will feel better and look better. It's not something you can do constantly, but if you do it occasionally, your body will appreciate the effort.

Another quick 'weight loss' tip is to stand and sit with good posture. Slumping pushes the stomach out and rounds the shoulders making you look bigger and awkward. Stand up straight and you'll look taller and leaner immediately, you will also feel better about yourself.

Live long and prosper!

2 comments:

  1. i have trouble with wanting to eat to much a lot, but i like the stomach thing- i'll have to try it, thanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's something we all struggle with. Good luck and keep on trying! Practice makes perfect, or at least something close to perfection. ;)

    ReplyDelete