Friday, May 17, 2013

Find Something Good

What motivates people to do something? Fear, loyalty, anger, sadness, guilt, intimidation, love, happiness, peer pressure, deadlines, consequences. Which motivators are the most effective? It's hard to say. A better question would be, which motivators will create good experiences and happy feelings? Loyalty, love, happiness, and good consequences. Which motivators will create enemies, frustration, and hate? Fear, anger, sadness, guilt, intimidation, peer pressure, deadlines, and bad consequences. It seems obvious when put this way which motivators are the best to use, but sadly, people tend not to use them because kindness is often mistakenly deemed as weakness.

I've been guilted into doing something which will cost a bit of money. Not hundreds of dollars, but not ten bucks either. It's created some negative feelings inside of me that I don't like. I resent, like most people, being pushed into something when I've made it clear I don't really want to, especially at the cost.

I can't think of a way out of it without creating a situation that would be even more unpleasant, so I'm doing it. I'm trying to rally some troops for my side, well at least one troop. If I have to do it, I'll try and make it more enjoyable by bringing along someone I want.

It's a real test of character to try and rid myself of negative feelings. I don't want to feel this way because it makes me unhappy. So what should I do? Does anyone have any advice? Oh, Daniel Tiger does! "When something seems bad, turn it around, and find something good!"

Click the link below to listen to the song.
http://www.iptv.org/kids/story.cfm/video/pbskids_20120901_daniel_tigers_neighborhood/video

I'm trying to turn it around and find something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment